Old 01-02-2007, 03:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Auto Tech Auto Tech is offline

Default Lawn Tractor

On Feb 1, 7:43 am, (Mel M Kelly) wrote:
If you are just going to mow look at a good ZTR. Does a better job
quicker. Dixie Chopper makes a real good one.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

For one acre lot you need only a good strong tractor, Do yourselfr a
favor and stay away from Craftsman, Craftsman is not a very strong
machine and things break all too often. I lived in the catskills of
New York state and had two acres to mow and I got an older simplicity
machine and this lasted me years and years and I wish I took it with
me to NM but I was stupid and bought my Craftsman and it fell apart in
a few months. Zero turn is a nice machine but for one acre it would
be a waste. Simplicity is a steel machine not tin and strong spindles
and belt drive system. make sure you get ewither a Kohler engine or
Briggs and Stratton engine and no overhead valve systems for they have
loads of headaches yet.