Old 01-02-2007, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Potatoes -

On 1 Feb, 14:09, "Keith \(Dorset\)"
wrote:
I am not going to let on whether I chit my seed spuds in compost, egg boxes,
cardboard rings or wherever.. ;-)

Not me ... thanks ;o)

However, is it generally best to rub-out all shoots - except one, all shoots
except two... or none at all.
2nd earlies (Kestrels), if it makes any difference.

We have never remove any shoots - ever - until I came to England and I
was told to remove all up to 3. Sorry. Even my neighbour, Irish fella,
does it. Now I don't know why. I find it strange since it would
provide a bigger crop. Perhaps it's for size. Less potatoes, but good
size rather than lots but smaller.