Old 01-02-2007, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default potatoes

On 1 Feb, 15:55, "Robert" wrote:
Oh I see. "Put your spud eyes up in your egg box and place in a cool place,
preferably dark to start with and then when you see little shoots move
them to a lighter place."

That's the article. Not my opinion as my follow up sentence prooved. I
wrote, quote "Put your spud eyes up in your egg box and place in a
cool place,
preferably dark to start with and then when you see little shoots move
them to a lighter place. When I come to chitting my spuds, I place
them in a close veranda, which is very cool but light."

When I get my taties I count the chitting as from then onwards, so assumed
others did too.

Yes, I do and let them sprout till I plant. I'm not really fussy -
they always work.

My veranda is very cool because not heated and light. Ask Bob, I had
this conversation before with him. I never put seeds, any seeds, in
the dark. I don't like the way they indeed sprout too quickly, get
lanky etc. In my veranda it gives me planting of time to then plant
them out.

May your spuds never wither

)