Old 01-02-2007, 08:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
JohnS JohnS is offline

Default Rose Packaging

"Hugh Jass" wrote in message
I bought several bare root rose plants from Wal Mart yesterday - im
not so sure whether the plant stock is good at Wal Mart... but ill
give it a shot... anyway the plants roots were packaged in sawdust,
which was wrapped in a plastic bag. The sawdust is soaking wet, so I
cut open the package to dry it out. Could someone tell me if the
sawdust is there to keep the roots dry, or moist??

Keep the roots moist but not sopping wet.

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Beta 7