Old 01-02-2007, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Hand pollination - bunny's tail

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
.. .

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
news
When I was a boy my grandfather taught me to cross fertilise stuff

(can't
remember what now!) with a bunny's tail.

Having mislaid my forementioned tail (!) some years ago, I have

since
tried all sorts of small paint brushes for use with greenhouse-grown
melons... but they just don't seem to be quite right for the job.

I've always used a small paintbrush and it has always been succesful.

It occurs to me that if Keith can't get a real rabbit's tail and doesn't
like small water-colour brushes, then an up-market cosmetics department
will be able to sell him a very fat (about 3/4 inch in diameter
compressed) stubby soft brush intended for make-up. Pricey, I imagine,
but my ex had the same good-quality one for about twenty years.
Water-colour brushes themselves come in various sizes, too: I bet you
can get one half an inch thick.

--
Mike.

Mike-That's awful. Not only have you mentioned the R*** word but you have
incinerated that your ex wife needed "Polyfilla" type makeovers.