Old 01-02-2007, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Taylor Jeff Taylor is offline

Default Meyer's lemon recipe

Dave Poole wrote:

Not wishing to have a dig ;-) but ironically I'm sitting in front of
the screen, sipping a glass of Shirnoff that has several chunks of
lime floating with the ice . Nothing unusual about that, but before I
poured the 'snifter', I popped outside to pick the lime and there are
plenty more on the bush for future forays into ethyl oblivia!

Dave, I'm sure your garden exists in a parallel universe not connected
to this one ;-)

Do you happen to know what variety of lime it is?

I have a 'lime' tree that I bought in Florida about 10 years ago.
It flowers regularly each winter but the flowers always drop :-(
I'd love a lime tree that would actually set fruit (in conservatory)

Also, Have you heard of Lemon Eureka?
It's available from T&M for £50 :-O but is supposedly hardy to -10oC
I'm thinking of buying it for the conservatory.
You can check it out he

http://fruit.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/product/cww3360

Good to see you back here - I find your knowledge and advice invaluable!

Cheers,

Jeff
NE England