Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default potatoes

In article
, Farm1
writes

The only result in that other
newsgroup was that she managed to bring back into urg the resident
loony who took to crossposting in both newsgroups.

I think it's just sad that she has put off many gentle souls who
occasionally posted but mostly lurked here to gain gardening tips and
knowledge.

Personally I miss Janet B's dry sense of humour and nuggets of
information, I miss David's wonderful prose and expertise in all things
tropical and there are several more posters who I haven't seen for ages.

On another note - I also think she'd be surprised at just how many
people have taken the RHS exam and passed, some without even once
spouting the scientific text word for word when answering a query! Some
just take the course and don't even sit the exam.

There are many people in my local gardening clubs who have taken the RHS
course and enjoyed it, I would urge anyone even beginner gardeners to
consider going to the evening classes as it is a very worthwhile course
and you meet lots of people onto whom you can offload your cuttings and
whose gardens you can visit!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph