Old 02-02-2007, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Raised beds

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 19:39:01 +0100, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
.. .
On 30 Jan 2007 12:19:28 -0800, "80/20"
wrote:

I am thinking of digging it up and covering the area will gravel,
after putting down a mulch sheet.

I also would like to put triangular raised beds on the 4 corners to
grow veg in.

I always wonder, when you see pictures of raised beds, edged with
boards, with nice cleangravel paths between, how you manage to dig and
plant without getting soil on the gravel. You can sweep a paved path,
you can't sweep gravel.
Practical or not?
Just a thought!
Pam in Bristol

I find that spilt soil washes down through the gravel..........
Jenny

BUT that makes a nice bed for weed seeds!

Pam in Bristol