Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mel Mel is offline

Default Mantis tiller

"Pam Moore"
YOu say it may be too light. I was wondering if it would be too
difficult for 2 pensioner ladies to control.

I hired a lightweight tiller last year from HSS Hire
http://www.hss.com/c/1014440/Garden_Clearance.html for my heavy clay
allotment. It did a pretty good job and was reasonably easy to control (I'm
female age 50 and incredibly unfit!). It was fairly inexpensive at about
£25 for the weekend. HSS also have heavyweight cultivators and power
diggers. I figured if I needed to rent once or twice per year it's still
cheaper than buying one at £300-£400.