Old 25-03-2003, 11:08 AM
nicky

Default Hoax?

"Paul Taylor" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:06:22 +0000, Alan Gould wrote:

I have received an e-mail today purporting to be from Microsoft Security
Division advising me to download and install their March 2003 Security
Patch. The message in convincingly worded, but it contains some
inconstancies with the usual MS style. I have checked at Widows Updates
on the MS site and that tells me that no critical updates are due for
downloading in my PC. I am assuming that the message is a hoax and that
to download it would cause problems. Can anyone confirm this please?

The attachment contains a virus called Gibe.B. You are right not to run the
attachment. The link below will take you to Symantec's description of it
http://tinyurl.com/6is8

Nicky