Old 02-02-2007, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Moving cyclamen

On Feb 2, 9:55 pm, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article " writes:

would this heavy snow
| finish them off? They have been there several years and are quite
| hardy but the snow this year has been heavier.

No. If they are C. coum or C. hederifolium, they are very hardy
provided that they stay fairly dry. They can't stand waterlogging.
You may lose some corms, but I doubt you will lose many.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Nick, as is well known, my gardening knowledge is slight and that's
why I read urg so I don't know what type they are. I have some really
big ones which I bought singly and a lot of small ones. Thanks so
much for the advice.

Judith