Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Moving cyclamen

In article ,
K writes:

| I think they can stand short periods of waterlogging - mine are at the
| far end of the garden which takes several hours to drain after heavy
| rain. They aren't ever under water, but the path a couple of foot away
| is. They're shallowly planted, in leaf litter under a mature whitebeam
| so they aren't soggy for prolonged periods.

I am pretty sure that is the key, as with many plants. Being under
water for a few days doesn't worry most plants, but being damaged
and then remaining wet gives fungi and bacteria an opportunity to
start rotting the plants.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.