Old 25-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Got a fence to cover....

JNJ said:

I have a bunch of ugly chain-link fencing I want to cover quickly. I'm
thinking some well placed honeysuckle vines should do the trick -- maybe
even take 'em from seed and direct-sow. I already have some hedera growing
along the base of the fence (it isn't really doing much) as well as some
polygonum multiflorum (Fo Ti) that does ok at covering but leaves some gaps
and never flowers.

Any suggestions?

I've got Clematis montana growing on a chain link fence. Maybe not the
fastest cover, but very nice. Doesn't need pruning (except to shape).
Gorgeous fragrant blooms in spring, occassionally throws a bloom in
late summer.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)