Old 25-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Tomatoes to Stake or to Cage

On 25 Mar 2003 02:12:14 GMT, (Frankhartx)
wrote:

From:
(cab97)

Hi all, last year i caged my tomatoes with not much success. any
other ideas to prevent plants from falling over. How do you stake
them? Thanks for your help.

Since you are virtually alone in your lack of success with caging it seems
obvious that you didn't do it right. Explain actually how you went about the
task and we may be able to set you straight. While staking is an alternative it
involves more work and care.

Not all alone. See my prior post.

BTW, I've grown and staked tomatoes for at least 25 years,
probably more like 30. Last year was the first year they
broke the stakes and collapsed the cages and fell over.

It was the accursed Brandywines that only produced two ripe
tomatoes from six plants! I think they were out to get
me all along.... It was just a disastrous tomato-year for
us.

Pat

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY