Old 04-02-2007, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Removing Large Plants from Pot.....Tips??

"Chris S" wrote in message

"Planet X" wrote in message
Hi,

I would suggest soaking the pot / compost so that it becomes flexible -
planting anything vigorous / long lived in a pot which has a pinched rim
is always going to come to this - if the pot isn't precious, then no
problem, but it may break in the process of trying to remove bamboo.
Depending on how long it has been in there, it may be tightly confined.
Good luck :-) Let us know how you get on, as I need to do similar with a
purple elder which has outgrown a glam blue glazed pot.!

Try saying the last 8 words of the above quickly before ye've had yer
weetabix.

Des (mid breakfast)

Chris S