Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Padraig Padraig is offline

Default Battle for the feeder

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
We used to have wasp trouble... I've read that a bit of vaseline around
the feeder spout would help but I don't remember if mom ever tried it.

I'll give that a shot.

Hummers do indeed eat bugs. We watched them eat small gnats and midges
on more than one occasion.

Somebody - not me - posted a pic within the past 2 - 4 months in one of the
appropriate NG's showing a hummer with a pretty good size bug in its beak.
I don't recall which NG or who posted it - maybe Lucas.

I should have copied it but didn't.

Pat