Old 10-11-2006, 08:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.birds,alt.binaries.backyard.critters,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Battle for the feeder

Hmmm? Interesting, I think that the hummer has natural instincts.
Nice capture Pat, see how he is trying to make himself bigger by spreading
his feathers.
I have seen a female build a nest & she weaved ants into the edge of it.
Enjoy your images Pat keep up the good work.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Padraig wrote:
I witnessed an interesting confrontation yesterday. The hummingbird
feeder had been taken over by a wasp who was determined not to share
it. The bird would hover at a respectful distance and if he came too
close the wasp would chase him away. I'm a little surprised by this
because I've never seen it before and also because I assumed the wasp
might be on the bird's menu but I guess that's wrong.