Old 10-11-2006, 09:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Battle for the feeder

In article ,
"Padraig" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
We used to have wasp trouble... I've read that a bit of vaseline around
the feeder spout would help but I don't remember if mom ever tried it.

I'll give that a shot.

Let us know if it works? :-)
Should not bother the birds since they never actually touch the plastic.

Hummers do indeed eat bugs. We watched them eat small gnats and midges
on more than one occasion.

Somebody - not me - posted a pic within the past 2 - 4 months in one of the
appropriate NG's showing a hummer with a pretty good size bug in its beak.
I don't recall which NG or who posted it - maybe Lucas.

I should have copied it but didn't.

Pat

Most servers archive 90 days max. :-(
Maybe we could shout out a request?