Old 11-11-2006, 12:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.backyard.critters,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Battle for the feeder

I read that the Praying Mantis is the Humming Bird's main preditor!!!
So nature at work again.

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Mark Herbert wrote:

I put out a bunch of mantis egg cases every spring. I like to go out
early in the morning and check for hatching - it's fun to watch. One
morning I watched a hatching for a few minutes before going back in
the house to answer the phone. When I came back out, almost all the
baby mantids were gone! I was completely confused for a moment or
two, then a big male Rufous got in my face and explained everything!