Old 14-11-2006, 12:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Marutchi Marutchi is offline

Default Snake plant flower (Amorphophallus bulbifer)-9933-8 of 8

McG. wrote:
Thanks for the full tour around this very unusual plant Barbara. I'd
heard of this kind of plant, seen a few pics, heard a few tales. Heard
they smell awful. And attract a certain kind of beetle which
must cross pollinate them. This one looks quite a lot like a calla
lilly. But I'd guess this one is a bit bigger than the lilly

Thanks McG. This one does smell as bad as some of the others, but is bad
enough. :-)