Old 20-11-2006, 01:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.birds,alt.binaries.backyard.critters,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Cathy F. Cathy F. is offline

Default My crow

"Padraig" wrote in message
There's a family of crows that hangs around my neighborhood. This one on
my back fence is the closest I've been to one of them in 8 years - and
wouldn't you know it, he's camera shy.

;-) Crows are apparently much shyer than I'd assumed they'd be. I've been
feeding several of them for a couple of years now (peanuts & walnuts tossed
out onto my front walk, drive, or lawn), and only a couple of them are now
brave enough to come within about 15 feet of me. But they sure come
swooping over as soon as they realize something's on offer, & sit up in the
trees or on the wires until they figure it's "safe" enough to come down & to
get their treats. Then they often do a side-step feinting sort of deal till
they get to the goodies. And if a squirrel shows up, they never try to
block the squirrel - always jump up into the air & avoid the squirrel
instead. Are fun(ny) to watch.

Cathy