Old 25-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Cedric Rouvrais

Default [IBC] ant infestation

Hi Jim,

Third, remember . . . the ants aren't hurting your trees.

That's funny i always thought that ants would cut leaves, take them to
the nest.
The ants would then feed these leaves to insects that produce, as an
offset of their eating the leaves, an element that is eaten by ants.

Come to think of it, if i remember well they use the leaves to nurish a
certain type of fungus.

Although i'm not to sure if this applies to all ants species, from the
far reaches of my mind it seams to me that only a specific "leaf cutting
ant" does
this.
For some reason i have this "parasol" or para something in my mind.

My penny to the thread,

Cedric