Old 07-12-2006, 11:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default 120406 Hummy 2

"Padraig" wrote in message

Is that right wing lit by transmitted light? There's a border of gold
which looks like back-lighting, it's amazing whether it's deliberate or
not!

Yeah it's backlit. The sun striking the back of the bird left the front
in deep shadow so I flashed it a little. Light coming from 2 directions
can produce interesting results sometimes.

I know that from my studio work but have never seen it used so well on an
outdoor shot.

Mary