Old 06-01-2007, 03:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
seph... seph... is offline

Default Black Bat Plant flower 3/3

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 00:44:08 +1000, "Marutchi"
wrote:

seph... wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 20:05:04 +1000, "Marutchi"
wrote:

Amazing flower and shot... Thank you...

Thank you.

Are these from a plant you have?

Yes, I have quie a few of them. I used to have the white one, which is more
spectacular, but unfortunately the scrub turkeys destroyed it.

I recently purchased seeds to start some of these gorgeous plants, but
haven't planted them as yet... any advice...?

They like a fair amount of water and I put some slow release fertilizer
around the base once or twice a year, that's about all.

When they finish flowering I leave the flowers on the plant till the seed
pods have formed, then just throw the pods into a well shaded moist area of
my garden and they self seed quite readily, though can take some months to
do so.

Thank you for the advice, Barbara... Will give them a try... I have
both white and black seeds... but, being in Ontario Canada, I'll be
attempting to start and raise them in the house... We'll see how it
goes...

seph