Old 25-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Len Arzoomanian , BonsaiRI

Default [IBC] ant infestation

Guys,
Please note the "ant stuff" in the gallery under Wolfgangs pictures titled
"The SNAKE, a Larix" or something like that.
I've always bit my tongue at "ants in the soil are eating my bonsai"
questions.
After 25 years I can say it's mostly "Urban Legend".

Now, termites, or ants in already dead portions are another story.
OK, bring it on!!
Dale

Dale

True BUT, ants could be a sign of aphids which do hurt your trees so look for aphids and get rid of them and your ants will most likely pack up and LEAVE (No pun intended)!

Len

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:

http://www.bonsairi.com
http://www.rhodeislandbonsaisociety.org