Old 04-02-2007, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Garden Design

On 3 Feb, 22:02, Jane wrote:
That's admirable, Janet. There is always a new home for an unwanted
plant. One man's meat is another's poison. I can't tell you how many
plants I take out of one client's garden who can't stand them, to plant
in another's who loves them. Lovely part of the job, actually, giving
them a new home with someone who appreciates them. Sort of the ultimate
recycling, I think. And if nobody wants them, I take them until I find
them a home. Bit of a softy! :-)

Where do you post from? Anywhere around Manchester? I could do with a
neighbour like you ))

Another sad part of this would be to discover, as I did last week at
my cousin's house, that she'd been given a huge, I mean enormous
perhaps 1.5m circum. rosemary bush, hollow and bear at the centre,
looking pathetic, but nonetheless huge. My cousin thought that was a
bargain. I didn't have the heart to tell her that where she had put it
wasn't right, nor that the depth she put it would suit it and finally
that this plant would never pick up. It had been severely pruned to
the wood too and there was no chance of taking cuttings either. She
had also been given half dozen lavenders, with a bit of green shoots
here and there but so stragly and sad looking - they'd be better on
the bonfire. Someone played a joke on them, obviously, because she has
a huge garden and she's desperate to fill it (