Old 04-02-2007, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Inverted snobbery.... yawn.

In message .com,
" writes
On Feb 4, 3:55 pm, "Keith \(Dorset\)"
wrote:
Good afternoon all,

What IS this total obsession that many gardeners seem to have with junk?

I'm talking about: old baths and tyres, half rotten roof battens, plastic
bottles and discarded carpet.... then there's the 'Blue Peter' greenhouse?

Does incorporating neatly laid paths and raised beds - (and trying out new
and colourful vegatable varieties make me a gardening snob)?

Well, I'm, not - nor am I made of money...... yet the only crap I can stand
in our garden comes from the local stables - and the veg. grows all the
same.

Have fun whatever. ;-)

Keith

I'm certainly not a snob and I'm with you Keith, some peoples' gardens
look like something from Steptoe & Son and what with all the recycling
rubbish littered everywhere, their plots or gardens look shabby.

Well, Judith, my garden has old junk in it but doesn't look a bit
shabby. However, it does not have items such as old baths or tyres. I
do admit to having a Belfast sink, ancient chimney pots etc but it's my
garden and I shall do as I please with it. If people don't like it (and
all our friends do, than goodness) they know where the door is.
--
June Hughes