Old 04-02-2007, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Rain Barrel conversion

On 4 Feb, 15:43, "Tulpa" wrote:
I have received a very servicable agricultural feed barrel which I
shall fit a tap to. I would like to convert my gutter downpipe myself
and allow drip feeding into the barrel.
1. Am I being a skinflint when a conversion kit costs around £14.00
from B&Q?
2. If not, has anyone done this themselves and have you any tips?

We have at the back of the house a little veranda and a gutter runs
along the roof. We simply cut the down drain pipe and positioned the
barrel underneath. The water overflow occasionally (you'll get annoyed
to know) but I try to use it as much as possible to avoid wasting
water. The other barrels are all fitted with rain misers.