Old 25-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Warren

Default Strawberry plants

Judy and Dave G wrote:

I sprayed the plants twice with plant disease spray at the recommended
times.

To paraphrase Homer Simpson as Dr. Hibbard was about to give Lisa a
polio shot, "ANTI-disease spray."

But seriously, why did you buy dormant plants that were already
diseased? Or if they weren't diseased when you bought them, why did you
put them in potting soil carrying the disease?

If you've bought healthy plants, planted them in good soil, and they
have not been in contact with other diseased plants, they're not likely
to become diseased... especially not so soon!

Either buy better plants, and be more careful about the soil, or don't
douse healthy baby plants in chemicals they don't need. Would you, for
example, give a healthy baby benedryl, even if the dosage was the size
and frequency in the instructions?

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.