Old 05-12-2006, 10:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Diana Kulaga Diana Kulaga is offline

Default Help!

Hi, Pat,

I would carefully check to make sure shading is still right. Has anyone
been using roundup or grass weed & feed?

Shading is good, and the plants have been living in their current locations
for a long time. No chemicals, and other plantings are fine. Even the
gardenias are okay, and they are usually the first harbingers of trouble.

Do you have a bush snail problem?

This area is clear of snails. Wish I could say the same for my Dend benches.
They are far removed from this area.

First, depot one or two and make sure the roots are ok.

Check. Root systems are gang busters. I flushed the plants heavily
yesterday.

Third, I would spray with a systemic fungicide cocktail. There are a
couple I use, Spectro (Cleary's 3336 and Daconil)

That stuff is in limited supply locally. I have ordered Cleary's, but it
will take a few days. Meanwhile, we sprayed with Physan today. It's what's
available, and we did the whole shebang. You mentioned Phyton 27. I can use
that on most, but not on Dends, as they lose leaves because of the copper.

Things are as isolated as I can make them. I am also going to treat again
for mites. Thanks so much for the comprehensive answer. I really appreciate
it.

Diana