Old 17-12-2006, 02:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Schombolaelia Splendid Spire

It is only about 3 feet Al, but not sure the length of time it too to grow though.
I should have mentioned that it is a little more on the pink side.
So I shall have to take some more pics when the light is right.

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

al wrote:
It is a pretty color tone to the picture. You almost do need a zoom
lens to get a close up of the top of the flower spike, don't you? How long was it in
spike before it bloomed? :-) I have one that
grew almost 7 feet and it took it 6 months from the time it started
spiking until it flowered.
"wendy7" wrote in message
news
Schombolaelia Splendid Spire 'Pink Pinnacle'

The first pic was a bit of a faux pas! I zoomed up in low light with
my macro on???? I saved it as I loved the look.

The original plant was from S.Barbara.