Old 25-12-2006, 10:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
AusDigi AusDigi is offline

Default Spiranthes australis

Thanks Peter, so that's where you live. I went through Colac a month or two
ago, looked at the lake which had plenty of water (unlike the lake in
Ballarat).

There's another reasonably local place I know that had Spiranthes australis
which I'll have to visit in the next few days. I doubt it will have anything
as, a couple of months ago, the pond around which they grew was just a mud
puddle.

"P Max" wrote in message
Spir australis has become very rare in Colac and district, Reiner. There

are
a couple of plants that show annually on my block, but alas, with the

worst
drought in decades here, these have not surfaced at all this year. I have
conservationists wanting seed - will have to wait some time.