Old 30-12-2006, 12:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
P Max P Max is offline

Default Diuris daltonii and breeding flies

It was not until on the computer that I noticed the fly in action here. The
next shot seconds later revealed no fly, but one in the making. These flies
normally feed on dead carcasses and faecal excrement (and Aussie eye fluids
if not saluted quickly). What a lifestyle! I have never known these to
deposit eggs on flowers until now. I imagine the maggot must consume the
flower thereafter?
Peter

--
)

Attached Thumbnails
Diuris daltonii and breeding flies-diuris-daltonii-b3.jpg   Diuris daltonii and breeding flies-diuris-daltonii-b4.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diuris daltonii b2.jpg (88.3 KB, 156 views)