Old 31-12-2006, 04:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
tennis maynard tennis maynard is offline

Default Diuris daltonii and breeding flies

wP Max wrote:
It was not until on the computer that I noticed the fly in action here. The
next shot seconds later revealed no fly, but one in the making. These flies
normally feed on dead carcasses and faecal excrement (and Aussie eye fluids
if not saluted quickly). What a lifestyle! I have never known these to
deposit eggs on flowers until now. I imagine the maggot must consume the
flower thereafter?
Peter

Wonderful color!