Old 02-01-2007, 04:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Eric Hunt[_1_] Eric Hunt[_1_] is offline

Default Non-orchid: Arctostaphylos pajaroensis - endangered ericad from California

In the interest of expanding botanical appreciation and knowledge, along
with several folk's expressed interest in small numbers of non-orchid
photos, I'm presenting a couple of my favorite non-orchid shots. With
respect to the group, if these are too off-topic, just let me know and I'll

Arctostaphylos is a genus of ericads with a center of distribution in
California. It has a narrow range along the foggy coast of California,
Oregon, Washington, and possibly British Colombia.

A. pajaroensis is threatened by the standard thing: residential development
of coastal land.

Other famous ericads are Blueberries and Rhododendrons.
--
-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Attached Thumbnails
Non-orchid: Arctostaphylos pajaroensis - endangered ericad from California-arctostaphylos-pajaroensis.jpg