Old 07-01-2007, 05:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Maxillaria cucullata 'John'

Thanks Danny - Reiner piqued my interest as well.
~John

"danny" wrote in message
. ..
I've got a few pictures of this and another closely related plant, and
those lips are extremely dark. Even with a closeup flash they don't
really show color. I'll have to take another look sometime, they will
probably be a super dark red under close inspection.
-danny

"AusDigi" wrote in message
Ooh yes, very black. Do you have a close-up of the labellum? I was
wondering
because the Black-tongue Fingers (Caladenia congesta) labellum isn't
actually black when you look at it closely but a really dark red.