Old 07-01-2007, 10:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default Maxillaria cucullata 'John'

??????

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the link, Kathy. I took a photos of Maxillaria schunkeana
benched at one of our meetings this year. This particular clone looked
black, but as Reiner observed, it is in actual fact very dark red when
seen close up.

Perhaps the one Dan has at Hanging Gardens is even darker. Eric do you
have a photo of Dan's plant?

Cheers

John

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Eric will have a better picture of this one soon, but here's a 'black'
orchid

http://www.aospacificcentral.org/PnO...maxschunk.html

K Barrett

"danny" wrote in message
. ..
I've got a few pictures of this and another closely related plant, and
those lips are extremely dark. Even with a closeup flash they don't
really show color. I'll have to take another look sometime, they will
probably be a super dark red under close inspection.
-danny

"AusDigi" wrote in message
Ooh yes, very black. Do you have a close-up of the labellum? I was
wondering
because the Black-tongue Fingers (Caladenia congesta) labellum isn't
actually black when you look at it closely but a really dark red.