Old 08-01-2007, 02:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Maxillaria cucullata 'John'

Hi Eric

I knew that that was Dan's plant _ I was wondering whether you had a better
photo than that in the link. Re-reading my post I could have worded it
better. No wonder Kathy was "???????????".
Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
John,

The plant Kathy linked *IS* Dan's plant!

I got a photo today of the plant in question at the Peninsula show - will
post a link later tonite when I've got the photo ready.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the link, Kathy. I took a photos of Maxillaria schunkeana
benched at one of our meetings this year. This particular clone looked
black, but as Reiner observed, it is in actual fact very dark red when
seen close up.

Perhaps the one Dan has at Hanging Gardens is even darker. Eric do you
have a photo of Dan's plant?