Old 25-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Steve Harris

Default Advice! Plants beneath sycamore?

It is alleged that sycamore roots exude an allopathic substance. About
this time last year, I cleared several of them and the ground near them
has attracted few weeds. Where I've planted, nothing is doing really
well despite lots of compost and fertiliser.

I have two beds either side of a path which should be the same but (EG)
the Viburnum Tinis on one side hasn't flowered yet unlike the
non-ex-sycamore side while the other has been flowering for weeks.