Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Inverted snobbery.... yawn.

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
Good afternoon all,

What IS this total obsession that many gardeners seem to have with junk?

I'm talking about: old baths and tyres, half rotten roof battens, plastic
bottles and discarded carpet.... then there's the 'Blue Peter' greenhouse?

Does incorporating neatly laid paths and raised beds - (and trying out new
and colourful vegatable varieties make me a gardening snob)?

Well, I'm, not - nor am I made of money...... yet the only crap I can
stand in our garden comes from the local stables - and the veg. grows all
the same.

Have fun whatever. ;-)

Keith

Hi,

I have a planted toilet at the bottom (sic ) of my garden, complete with
backdrop of raised toilet seat.
Also old electric fire, quite ornate, which i planted last year, imitatation
black lead and brass.
I have several black plastic buckets which I purchased for 10p each from a
local florist which normally have gardeners delight and other sundry plants
in during summer.
Not got any tyres yet but thats a thought. Could get grandaughter to paint
them different colours, she would have fun with that.
Have sweet pea seedlings in toilet roll cardboard tubes, they rot down but
initially keep the moisture in well.
Grandaughter and wife are making me bird feeders out of margarine containers
next week, saw that on cbeebies today.
grandaughter is 6 yrs old by the way.

I am not a snob but find gardening enjoyable and fun, my garden is not for
show but for the family, includes 2 dogs as family.
regards
Cineman
P.S. each to his/her own.