Old 04-02-2007, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Inverted snobbery.... yawn.

On 4/2/07 21:16, in article ,
"cineman" wrote:

snip

I have a planted toilet at the bottom (sic ) of my garden, complete with
backdrop of raised toilet seat.
Also old electric fire, quite ornate, which i planted last year, imitatation
black lead and brass.
I have several black plastic buckets which I purchased for 10p each from a
local florist which normally have gardeners delight and other sundry plants
in during summer.
Not got any tyres yet but thats a thought. Could get grandaughter to paint
them different colours, she would have fun with that.
Have sweet pea seedlings in toilet roll cardboard tubes, they rot down but
initially keep the moisture in well.
Grandaughter and wife are making me bird feeders out of margarine containers
next week, saw that on cbeebies today.
grandaughter is 6 yrs old by the way.

I am not a snob but find gardening enjoyable and fun, my garden is not for
show but for the family, includes 2 dogs as family.
regards
Cineman
P.S. each to his/her own.

If you can't express yourself in your own house or garden......well! It's
not MY kind of gardening but mine wouldn't be everyone else's, either. I
cannot bear gardens where things are planted in tidy rows and don't dare
flag in case they're ripped out and chucked on the bonfire - to others,
those are the perfect gardens. I don't like plants tucked into redundant
wellies and wheelbarrows, others love that. I suspect it's the same with
homes - we are of average untidiness which some would find chaotic. I've
never had a kitchen that didn't have a 'chaos corner'. OTOH, I have friends
who cannot bear to have a book put down on a table even while it's being
read. It has to go back into the book case to be taken out again for future
reading. That drives *me* mad but my 'untidiness' in leaving a book open
and face down on a table, drove them mad when I stayed with them! I knew
people who had silk flowers in hanging baskets because they couldn't stand
the 'mess' of fallen leaves and petals.......
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk