Old 04-02-2007, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Inverted snobbery.... yawn.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Martin" wrote
after"Bob Hobden" wrote:

It's even worse on some allotment sites.
We have today finished putting down ex-Council 2ftx3ft paving

slabs
(bloody
heavy they were too!) along all our paths on our plot to cut down

on the
mud
and so it looks nice.

We use crushed seashells.

Last year, the first on this plot, we put down fresh bark chippings

which
did the job except that this winter the mud has come up through,

hardy
surprising considering the amount of rain.
Won't have that problem again now.

If you had just put some old carpet on the paths before you put down
that topping of fresh bark chippings, you wouldn't have had the
problem with the mud coming through :-))