Old 05-02-2007, 05:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default growing new lawn on compost

wrote in message
ups.com...
My existing lawn is in bad shape and someone who has a great garden
suggested to me to use compost. He suggested a thick (6-8 inches) of
compost and then over-seed. I can get compost from the municipal dump
for free. Would this scheme work? I don't really want to spend the
money and energy on the existing lawn.

thanks.

I suppose a little compost would help but 6-8 inches ? LOL How big is your
lawn ? What is causing the problem ? Do you have a 16 wheel dumptruck ?