Old 05-02-2007, 09:33 AM
dapex dapex is offline
Registered User

Cheers for all the info, last year we dug a big section of our garden to level an area for a patio and I was surprised as we found no builders waste at all so I think i may be OK on that front, maybe as said gardens are just partiulr boggy at present and I will live with it. Just for info this is my 7th year in the house and its always been as bad.

I see that the garden factory catalogue are doing a hollow time areaotr for £15, I may buy that to see is it helps at all and then try to get rid of any moss and reseed with grass..

Quote:
Originally Posted by adder1969 View Post
On Feb 4, 5:50 pm, "Robbo" wrote:

If you're on a clay subsoil with loads of builders debris and crap in the
ground no amount of additional drainage within a reasonable cost is going to
alleviate the problem.

I agree, the only real way is to replace the boggy stuff with a more
stable substance. Even a few inches will help but it mustbe able to
drain away which it would by the sound of it as you have a slope and
you're higher than neighbouring properties.

If you fill holes with gravel you'll end up with wet gravel filled
holes.