Old 05-02-2007, 09:37 AM
dapex dapex is offline
Registered User

Default new mower needed

Hi all,
Last year my mover went bang and so I now need to buy a new one, the last one was a flymo with the grass collector box on top and to be honest I loved it, It gave me a great cut and no real hassle, However everyone keeps telling me to buy a self propelled petrol mower and I wondered what you all think to them. I have a friend that has an older petrol mower and when I have used it in the past I have hated it, it seems to have less power than my flymo did, if i set the blades low the metal casing would end up digging into the ground when I hit any bumps etc etc

Are petrol mowers any better than the average flymo type thing, and no matter what choice where is the best place to buy a mower, my local B&Q has nothing decent and I like the look of a flymo in Argos for about £150...

Cheers