Old 05-02-2007, 09:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
gypmaster gypmaster is offline

Default Clematis & Jasmine?

On 4 Feb, 15:03, Hal wrote:
On 4 Feb 2007 01:35:43 -0800, "gypmaster"
wrote:

For the jasmine, I'd like something that's not particularly invasive.

Anyone suggest varieties of either/both?

I have two Carolina jasmine (Green all year, yellow blooms no
noticeable smell.) on an arbor over a walkway into the back yard and
it must be trimmed regularly to maintain a decent appearance. A
ladder/scaffold is required to trim it, but it is impressive when kept
up. I'm told it is poisonous even to the bees that collect it's
pollen. It seeds little plants in the area and as I get older it gets
stronger. I'm not sure any other plant would have been better suited
for my purpose, but I question it every year, because of the
maintenance.

Regards,

Hal

Thanks Hal,

I'm really looking for something pretty low maintenance and your
comments make me think I'll go for something other than jasmine then.