Old 05-02-2007, 01:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cearbhaill Cearbhaill is offline

Default vines to cover chain linked fence

I would like to put some plant that will eventually grow and "fill in" and
cover the chain linked fence. I know there are vines that does that.
What I am looking for is what variety of vines would be best, or is there
anything else I should consider? The fence will be 105 feet in length so
I am not restricted to one kind.

I would suggest that you think about using a shrub like our cherry,
cocoplum, ixora, orange jasmine, or any number of others. Vines grow
terribly quickly and are a nightmare to maintain, IMO. You'll rue the day.
Shrubs you trim a couple of times a year and forget.

If you insist on a vine, I'd use a passion flower. Maybe confederate
jasmine.

--
Toni
South Florida USA