Old 05-02-2007, 11:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dick Adams Dick Adams is offline

Default No dig gardens

Handguns are banned for the public. Shotguns and rifles are still
permitted under license. I don't know any farmers who don't own a
shotgun. Around any UK airport, or Parliament, you'll see armed police.
Sport shooting/hunting of game (birds, deer) is a gigantic business in
the UK.

We don't have any tularemia in rabbits here, so they are still eaten.
You can still buy wild rabbit in many rural butcher shops. One of my
farm neighbours shot 600 on his farm in one night, and sold enough of
them to cover his expenses.

Shot 600 in one night! Wow, he must have had them line up in front
of a machine gun turret.

I understand that in OZ you can make a decent living from killing
rabbits and kangaroos.

Until my father could no longer get around, saturday dinner at his
house from mid-November until May was apple-fed rabbit meat.

Dick