Old 06-02-2007, 09:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Dave Gillingham Dave Gillingham is offline

Default Dendrobium Blue Sparkle

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:38:06 -0700, SuE wrote:

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:11:30 +1000, Dave Gillingham
wrote:

'Fraid I didn't get to photograph this one till it was going off.
Dave Gillingham

Your 'going off' makes my plant look sick. The joy of growing
outdoors in the correct climate. sigh I will never get that look.

Not too obvious when reduced in size for posting, Sue. But there are quite a
few dead or dying blooms visible in the original, not to mention a very well
developed seed pod.

As a completely irrelevant aside - seed pods brought this on - I have a
Bulbophyllum javanica given me by a lady from up north - the one who took us on
that bush walk. Of its pollination, the books say only "pollinated by insects".
One assumes the exact pollinator hasn't yet been identified. Well, whatever the
insects are, I've got 'em. Mine bloomed, & ended up with over a dozen pods on
it!

I love these convoluted petals. Race Day is a delight as well.
Thanks Dave and John - Den tangerinum is just out of this world.

SuE

My pleasure. Glad you liked them.
Dave Gillingham