Old 06-02-2007, 03:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Auto Tech Auto Tech is offline

Default alternator overcharging on Craftsman Riding mower w/electric clutch

The alternator leads have platinum make up therefore are the
resistor. This alternator setup if defective must be replaced and
this involves pulling the flywheel for under the flywheel is the
armature and the flywheel is the magnet. Take all the infor4 off the
tractor such as model number size deck and then off of the engine take
model number type number and code number. and then go to your local
small engine shop and order a new alternator armature assembly.

On Feb 5, 12:00 pm, wrote:
With electric clutch engaged I,m showing full needle deflection on the
ammeter guage.I have checked the Diodes and they are okay. My Briggs
manual describes the charging circuit as a Tri Circuit and shows a 1
ohm 20 watt resistor in the circuit. I can,t find such a resistor
anywhere. Since the manual is older than the tractor is it possible
they have done away with the resistor and handled the over current
some other way? Any help will be appreciated. Glenn